Duration: 8 hours (Approx.) | Offered in: English
- Pass through the Judean Desert
- Saint George Monastery
- Mount of Temptations
- Tel es-Sultan (Ancient Jericho)
- Elisha Spring
- Sycamore Tree
- Shepherd’s Field
- Church of the Nativity
- Saint Catherine Church
- Saint Jerome Cave
- Milk Grotto Church
- Olive Wood Workshop
Explore Jericho Area
A one-hour drive from Bethlehem towards Jericho through the Judean desert and on the way, a stop to visit Saint George Monastery in Al Qelt Valley. A short hike downhill the valley to visit the monastery, then back to the car to head to Jericho. Donkey rides are available on the way up.
Our second stop will be a view of Mount of Temptations (Visit inside the monastery if time allows / Closed on Fridays).
A stop at Elisha Spring and view of the ancient site of Jericho, known for its biblical story of Joshua and the walls of Jericho, which is mentioned in the Book of Joshua.
Later, another stop by the Sycamore Tree, which holds the tradition of Zacchaeus, the tax collector, climbing a tree to see Jesus and where Jesus spoke with him (Luke 19).
Back to Bethlehem, and our first stop will be visiting the Shepherd’s Field, where the angel of the Lord appeared to them (Luke 2:8-10).
Afterwards, visit Manger Square and the Church of the Nativity. Enter through the Door of Humility to the Basilica of the Nativity and visit the Grotto of the Nativity. Visit the Church of St. Catherine and the Cave of Saint Jerome, where he translated the Bible into Latin.
A short walk to the Milk Grotto Church, where, according to tradition, a drop of milk fell on the ground while Mary was nursing the baby Jesus, and the grotto turned white.
Visit a local olive wood workshop and have the opportunity to buy locally produced olive wood souvenirs from Bethlehem, then end the tour with a stop by the separation wall and see the famous Banksy Graffitis.
Finish our tour at Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint. You will take public transportation back to Jerusalem.
✓ Private tour
✓ Pickup and drop off at Checkpoint 300 for less than 4 people
✓ Pickup and drop off from your hotel in Jerusalem for more than 5 people
✗ Entrance fees
✗ Cable Car to Mount of Temptation
✗ Gratuities (optional)
Departure & Return
- If you are coming from Jerusalem, you will meet your guide at Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint (known also as Rachels’ Tomb Crossing). It’s about 30 minutes drive from Damascus Gate by bus.
- Your guide will meet you after you cross to Bethlehem’s side.
- If you are staying in Bethlehem then a hotel pick-up is available.
- If you are more than 5 people, pick up and drop off from your hotel in Jerusalem is included.
Returns to the original departure point.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel your tour within (10 days) prior to the date of the tour, the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- If you cancel your tour before (11 days or more) prior to the date of the tour, a full refund of the deposit will apply.
- If you cancel a requested multi-day tour at any time, the deposit amount will be non-refundable.
- If you cancel a requested customized tour that requires arranging/booking any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs incurred on your behalf such as booking a separate driver, car rentals, admissions, hotel reservations, tickets etc. in less than (10 days) prior to the date of the tour, the amount for any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs will be non-refundable in addition to the deposit amount.