Duration: 6 hours (Approx.) | Offered in: English
Meet your guide in front of Gloria Hotel near Jaffa Gate inside the old city. Then, set off into the age-old streets while learning about the city’s place at the heart of Christianity.
Follow your guide walking on top of the walls of the city, and soak up the timeless atmosphere as you hear fascinating historical facts about the different quarters, city gates, and buildings.
Stop to see a panoramic view of the Dome of the Rock, the city’s most hallowed Islamic site, located on the Temple Mount. Admire the golden dome atop the shrine, and hear about its religious significance.
Continue to the poignant Via Dolorosa, also known as the Way of the Cross. Commemorating the route taken by Jesus to his crucifixion, the path is punctuated by 14 stations marking the key stages of his journey. Soak up the palpable sense of history along the route, and follow the streets to the 12th-century Church of St Anne in the Muslim Quarter, thought to stand on the site of the Virgin Mary’s birth.
Visit the nearby Pool of Bethesda, where Jesus performed one of his miracles, and then continue along the Via Dolorosa visiting the Prison of Christ and Ecce Homo Arch then to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, which was built on the site of Jesus’ crucifixion in the Christian Quarter.
Stop to see the Calvary and Resurrection Tombs, and then make your way to the Western Wall (Wailing Wall), in the Jewish Quarter one of the holiest sites in the Jewish religion. Take in the sight of the worshipers here, before checking out Mount Zion and heading to the Cardo, the remains of Jerusalem’s ancient roman main street. In Mount Zion, visit the Last Supper Room, Tomb of King David and Dormition Abby Church.
See how part of this 1,500-year-old, arcaded street has been brought back to life with modern shops, and then browse the stalls at the Muslim Quarter’s busiest bazaar for souvenirs of your visit.
Walk in the Armenian Quarter back to Jaffa Gate where the tour ends.
✓ Private guide
✓ Private walking tour
✓ Meeting in the Old City (In front of Gloria Hotel)
✗ Hotel pick up and drop off from your hotel
✗ Entrance fees to Pools of Bethesda, Lithostrotos,
✗ Gratuities (optional)
Departure & Return
- If you are coming from Jerusalem, you will meet your guide at Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint (known also a Rachels’ Tomb Crossing). It’s about 30 minutes drive from Damascus Gate by bus.
- Your guide will meet you after you cross to Bethlehem side.
- If you are staying in Bethlehem then a hotel pick-up is available.
Returns to the original departure point.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- Saint Saba Monastery closed on Wednesdays and Fridays
- Women are not allowed inside Saint Saba Monastery
- Modest clothing is required
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel your tour within (10 days) prior to the date of the tour, the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- If you cancel your tour before (11 days or more) prior to the date of the tour, a full refund of the deposit will apply.
- If you cancel a requested multi-day tour at any time, the deposit amount will be non-refundable.
- If you cancel a requested customized tour that requires arranging/booking any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs incurred on your behalf such as booking a separate driver, car rentals, admissions, hotel reservations, tickets etc. in less than (10 days) prior to the date of the tour, the amount for any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs will be non-refundable in addition to the deposit amount.