Duration: 7-8 hours (Approx.) | Offered in: English
- Mount of Temptation
- Tel-es Sultan (The ancient archaeological site of Jericho)
- Elisha Spring
- Hisham’s Palace
- Jordan River
- Monastery of St Gerasimus
- Visit Qumran
- Float at the Dead Sea
Meet in Bethlehem and descend to the lowest region on Earth: towards the city of Jericho, which is thought to be the oldest city in the world. Ascend via cable car to marvel at the spectacular view of the lush oasis and enjoy a guided tour of the beautiful Mount of Temptations Monastery (Closed on Fridays), where Jesus was tempted by the devil (Matthew 4:8). The cave inside the monastery is where Jesus had fasted and meditated for forty days and nights (Matthew 4:2).
Visit Zacchaeus Sycamore, where according to tradition, it’s the place where Zacchaeus, the tax collector, climbed a tree to get a better look at Jesus and where Jesus spoke with him (Luke c.19).
You will also enjoy a visit to the ancient archaeological site of Jericho, Tel-es Sultan, the place where civilization and cities started. Next, head to Hisham’s Palace, one of the main archeological sites in Jericho, built in the 8th century during the Umayyad period as a hunting lodge and winter resort. The site contains royal buildings, a mosque, water fountains, and spectacular mosaic floors.
Next, head to Qasr al-Yahud Baptismal Site (Jordan River), where according to tradition, Jesus was baptized and later visit Saint Gerasimos Monastery, one of the few remaining monasteries from the Byzantine period.
Continue to the site of Qumran, best known as the place where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered not so long ago. Located on the northwestern shore of the Dead Sea in the Judean Desert.
End the day with a visit to Kalia Beach at the Dead Sea to float at the lowest and most salty sea on earth and enjoy a drink at the lowest bar in the world.
Drive back to Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint where the tour will end and you will take public transportation back to Jerusalem.
✓ Private tour
✓ Pickup and drop off at Checkpoint 300 or Bethlehem hotel
✗ Hotel pick up and drop off outside of Bethlehem
✗ Entrance fees to Qumran, Dead Sea, Hisham’s Palace and Tel es-Sultan
✗ Cable Car to Mount of Temptation
✗ Gratuities (optional)
Departure & Return
You’ll make your own way to Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint (crossing point between Bethlehem and Jerusalem) where your guide will meet you after you cross to Bethlehem side.
Meeting point at Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint.
Check How to get from Jerusalem to Bethlehem
(Click here to look up the location on google maps)
Returns to the original departure point.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel your tour within (10 days) prior to the date of the tour, the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- If you cancel your tour before (11 days or more) prior to the date of the tour, a full refund of the deposit will apply.
- If you cancel a requested multi-day tour at any time, the deposit amount will be non-refundable.
- If you cancel a requested customized tour that requires arranging/booking any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs incurred on your behalf such as booking a separate driver, car rentals, admissions, hotel reservations, tickets etc. in less than (10 days) prior to the date of the tour, the amount for any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs will be non-refundable in addition to the deposit amount.
What others are saying
There are no contributions yet.