Duration: 8 hours (Approx.) | Offered in: English
- Herodium National Park
- Mar Saba Monastery
- Bethlehem Star Street
- Olive Press Museum
- Nativity Church
- Shepherd’s Field
- Banksy The Walled Off Hotel and Graffitis
Meet your private guide-driver at Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint and depart to the Old City of Bethlehem. Walk the narrow streets of the old city and enjoy the old architects of the buildings from the Ottoman period. Stop by Bethlehem Icon Center, which used to be a local house and today it’s a center teaching Byzantine Iconography. Walk the Star Street— the way that Joseph and Mary took when they came to Bethlehem, the birthplace of Jesus. Walk onward through the old city and stop the main old entrance of the city then to Hosh Al Syrian quarter, see the building from inside and stop for a cup of tea or Arabic coffee. Visit an old Olive Press museum and learn about olive harvest and olive oil production, the building which houses the museum dates back as far as the 19th century. It houses many ethnographic and archaeological artifacts featuring the entire process of oil production. Furthermore, the exhibit also shows the many uses for oil such as lamps, medicine, food, soap, and even cosmetics.
You will have a nice lunch break at Afteem Restaurant for Falafel, Hummus and typical Salad lunch. (own expense). After you purchase lunch, continue to Manger Square and visit the Nativity Church, the birthplace of Jesus and the oldest church in the world.
Drive to the Shepherd’s Field where the angel Gabriel appeared to the shepherds, see the ruins that go back to the Byzantine time and the current church.
Take a short drive to Herodium National Park, the palace of Herod the Great from the roman period 1st century BC. From the top of the mountain, enjoy a panorama view of the landscape of the area and from there you can see Jordan mountains and the Dead Sea.
Continue to visit Mar Saba Monastery, located in the Judean Desert and is one of the old monasteries in the Holy Land dates back to the Byzantine time.
Finally, visit Banksy Graffiti arts in Bethlehem, The Walled Off Hotel of Banksy and the separation wall.
After exploring all the sites, drive back to Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint to return to your hotel.
✓ Private driver-guide
✓ Private tour
✓ Pickup and drop off at Checkpoint 300 for less than 4 people
✓ Pickup and drop off from your hotel in Jerusalem for more than 5 people
✗ Herodion National Park entrance fee
✗ Entrance fees (If applicable)
✗ Gratuities (optional)
Departure & Return
- If you are coming from Jerusalem, you will meet your guide at Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint (known also as Rachels’ Tomb Crossing). It’s about 30 minutes drive from Damascus Gate by bus.
- Your guide will meet you after you cross to Bethlehem’s side.
- If you are staying in Bethlehem then a hotel pick-up is available.
- If you are more than 5 people, pick up and drop off from your hotel in Jerusalem is included.
Returns to the original departure point.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel your tour within (10 days) prior to the date of the tour, the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- If you cancel your tour before (11 days or more) prior to the date of the tour, a full refund of the deposit will apply.
- If you cancel a requested multi-day tour at any time, the deposit amount will be non-refundable.
- If you cancel a requested customized tour that requires arranging/booking any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs incurred on your behalf such as booking a separate driver, car rentals, admissions, hotel reservations, tickets etc. in less than (10 days) prior to the date of the tour, the amount for any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs will be non-refundable in addition to the deposit amount.