Duration: 8 hours (Approx.) | Offered in: English
Meet your guide at Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint (also known as Rachel’s Tomb Crossing).
Start the tour by driving toward Hebron to gain a better understanding of the conflict between Israel and Palestine. The city is divided into two sectors: one is controlled by the Palestinian National Authority and the other by Israel.
The centre of Hebron Old City is a UNESCO site. On this tour, you will visit the Old City of Hebron (H1 & H2) and learn about the significance of the Tomb of the Patriarchs to the three Abrahamic religions. The tour includes a visit to the tomb (Known also as the Ibrahimi Mosque). You’ll also walk through the local souks and later visit the ceramic and glass factory to watch how they blow the glass to shape it and how they make the ceramic.
After Hebron, the next stop is Beit Sahour, considered the city of the shepherds. Visit the Shepherd’s Field, where the angel appeared to the shepherds and told them about Jesus’ birth, then continue to Bethlehem’s old city and enjoy a local meal in one of the famous restaurants in the city.
In Bethlehem, visit the Church of the Nativity, the oldest church in regular daily use in the world. Built on the spot where many believe Jesus was born, this UNESCO World Heritage Site is a must-see for any pilgrim or visitor.
Next, head to Saint Catherine’s Church, a beautiful Crusader-era church with stunning mosaics and architecture. Then, delve into the underground world of Saint Jerome’s Caves, where the saint lived and translated the Bible into Latin.
For a unique cultural experience, visit a local olive wood workshop to learn about this traditional Palestinian handicraft. Watch skilled artisans transform olive wood into beautiful works of art, from jewellery to carvings to religious icons.
Before heading back to Jerusalem, stop by the Milk Grotto, a sacred site where Christians believe the Virgin Mary breastfed Jesus while fleeing persecution.
We will end our tour by stopping to see The Walled Off Hotel (Banksy Hotel) and see Banksy Graffiti around the city.
End of the tour.
✓ Private driver-guide
✓ Professional guide
✓ Private tour
✓ Pickup and drop off at Checkpoint 300 for less than 4 people
✓ Pickup and drop off from your hotel in Jerusalem for more than 5 people
✗ Entrance fees (Where applicable)
✗ Gratuities (optional)
Departure & Return
- If you are coming from Jerusalem, you will meet your guide at Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint (known also as Rachels’ Tomb Crossing). It’s about 30 minutes drive from Damascus Gate by bus.
- Your guide will meet you after you cross to Bethlehem’s side.
- If you are staying in Bethlehem then a hotel pick-up is available.
- If you are more than 5 people, pick up and drop off from your hotel in Jerusalem is included.
Returns to the original departure point.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel your tour within (10 days) prior to the date of the tour, the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- If you cancel your tour before (11 days or more) prior to the date of the tour, a full refund of the deposit will apply.
- If you cancel a requested multi-day tour at any time, the deposit amount will be non-refundable.
- If you cancel a requested customized tour that requires arranging/booking any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs incurred on your behalf such as booking a separate driver, car rentals, admissions, hotel reservations, tickets etc. in less than (10 days) prior to the date of the tour, the amount for any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs will be non-refundable in addition to the deposit amount.