Half-Day Walking tour in the Old City of Bethlehem and Banksy Graffitis
Duration: 4 hours (Approx.) | Offered in: English
Drive from the checkpoint towards the Old City of Bethlehem. On the way stop by The Walled Off Hotel “Banksy Hotel” and enter the museum (open every day from 11 am – 7:30 pm. The piano bar is open every day, serving food and drink from 11 am – 10 pm) then continue passing by one the refugee camps in Bethlehem. Walk in the star street in the Old City of Bethlehem and visit the Syriac Quarter. Visit the Nativity Church, the oldest church in the world still in use till today. It was rebuilt by Justinian in 530 AD. The original church was built by Constantine and Helena in 327 AD and was destroyed during the Samaritan Revolt in 529 AD. We will take the steps to get down to the grotto, the spot where Jesus was born from Virgin Mary and then continue to Saint Catherine Church and visit Saint Jerome’s Caves to see the place where he translated the bible in the fifth century. The Nativity Church is listed as a UNESCO world heritage site.
Afterward, we will walk Milk Grotto street towards the Church of Milk Grotto where it is believed according to the tradition that while Virgin Mary was feeding baby Jesus a drop of milk fell on the ground and turned the stones all into white.
Drive around to see the famous Banksy Graffitis in Bethlehem.
End of the tour.
- Private driver guide
- Moderate walking is involved
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Pickup and drop off from Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint or from your hotel if you are staying in the city of Bethlehem.
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick up and drop off outside of Bethlehem
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
- If you are coming from Jerusalem, you will meet your guide at Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint (known also a Rachels’ Tomb Crossing). It’s about 30 minutes drive from Damascus Gate by bus.
- Your guide will meet you after you cross to Bethlehem side.
- If you are staying in Bethlehem then a hotel pick-up is available.
Returns to the original departure point.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel your tour within (10 days) prior to the date of the tour, the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- If you cancel your tour before (11 days or more) prior to the date of the tour, a full refund of the deposit will apply.
- If you cancel a requested multi-day tour at any time, the deposit amount will be non-refundable.
- If you cancel a requested customized tour that requires arranging/booking any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs incurred on your behalf such as booking a separate driver, car rentals, admissions, hotel reservations, tickets etc. in less than (10 days) prior to the date of the tour, the amount for any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs will be non-refundable in addition to the deposit amount.