Duration: 8 hours (Approx.) | Offered in: English
Start at the famous Church of the Nativity, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that’s built on the spot where Jesus was born: it’s the world’s oldest church in regular daily use. Visit the Cave of St. Jerome, below the church, where he translated the bible. Visit the Church of St. Catherine and the Milk Grotto Church. Short drive to Beit Sahour, considered the city of the shepherds. Visit the Shepherd’s Field, where the angel appeared to the shepherds and told them about Jesus’ birth.
Relax in air-conditioned comfort as you drive towards Jordan River. Along the way, you’ll pass by various religious sites: St. Theodosius’ Monastery, where some believe the wise men hid from Herod the Great after they visited the baby Jesus in Bethlehem, and al-Eizariya, which is Lazarus’ village.
Visit Qasr el Yahud, the baptismal site in Jordan River and a chance to renew your baptism if you wish. Continue to the Dead Sea where you will get the chance to float in the lowest and saltiest sea in the world. The Dead Sea is full of minerals and its mud is very good for the skin.
End of the tour.
- Private driver guide
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Pickup and drop off from Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint or from your hotel if you are staying in the city of Bethlehem.
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick up and drop off outside of Bethlehem
- Entrance fees
- Dead Sea entrance fee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
- If you are coming from Jerusalem, you will meet your guide at Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint (known also a Rachels’ Tomb Crossing). It’s about 30 minutes drive from Damascus Gate by bus.
- Your guide will meet you after you cross to Bethlehem side.
- If you are staying in Bethlehem then a hotel pick-up is available.
Returns to the original departure point.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel your tour within (10 days) prior to the date of the tour, the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- If you cancel your tour before (11 days or more) prior to the date of the tour, a full refund of the deposit will apply.
- If you cancel a requested multi-day tour at any time, the deposit amount will be non-refundable.
- If you cancel a requested customized tour that requires arranging/booking any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs incurred on your behalf such as booking a separate driver, car rentals, admissions, hotel reservations, tickets etc. in less than (10 days) prior to the date of the tour, the amount for any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs will be non-refundable in addition to the deposit amount.