Duration: 8 hours (Approx.) | Offered in: English
Start at the famous Church of the Nativity, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that’s built on the spot where Jesus was born: it’s the world’s oldest church in regular daily use. Visit the Cave of St. Jerome, below the church, where he translated the bible. Visit the Church of St. Catherine and the Milk Grotto Church. Short drive to Beit Sahour, considered the city of the shepherds. Visit the Shepherd’s Field, where the angel appeared to the shepherds and told them about Jesus’ birth.
Relax in air-conditioned comfort as you drive towards Jordan River. Along the way, you’ll pass by various religious sites: St. Theodosius’ Monastery, where some believe the wise men hid from Herod the Great after they visited the baby Jesus in Bethlehem, and al-Eizariya, which is Lazarus’ village.
Visit Qasr el Yahud, the baptismal site in Jordan River and a chance to renew your baptism if you wish. Continue to the Dead Sea where you will get the chance to float in the lowest and saltiest sea in the world. The Dead Sea is full of minerals and its mud is very good for the skin.
End of the tour.
✓ Private driver-guide
✓ Private tour
✓ Pickup and drop off from Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint or from your hotel if you are staying in the city of Bethlehem.
✗ Hotel pick up and drop off outside of Bethlehem City
✗ Entrance fees (Where applicable)
✗ Dead Sea Entrance Fees
✗ Gratuities (optional)
Departure & Return
- If you are coming from Jerusalem, you will meet your guide at Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint (known also a Rachels’ Tomb Crossing). It’s about 30 minutes drive from Damascus Gate by bus.
- Your guide will meet you after you cross to Bethlehem side.
- If you are staying in Bethlehem then a hotel pick-up is available.
Check How to get from Jerusalem to Bethlehem
(Click here to look up the location on google maps)
Returns to the original departure point.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel your tour within (10 days) prior to the date of the tour, the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- If you cancel your tour before (11 days or more) prior to the date of the tour, a full refund of the deposit will apply.
- If you cancel a requested multi-day tour at any time, the deposit amount will be non-refundable.
- If you cancel a requested customized tour that requires arranging/booking any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs incurred on your behalf such as booking a separate driver, car rentals, admissions, hotel reservations, tickets etc. in less than (10 days) prior to the date of the tour, the amount for any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs will be non-refundable in addition to the deposit amount.
Myla Rose Tan (verified owner) –
Michael always responded in a timely manner from the beginning stages of planning til even after the tour. I wanted to hire a local private guide and his name was highly recommended everywhere I looked so I contacted him through whatsapp and planned a customized tour for myself and my family.
With the current political situation and the bad press about going to West Bank, we were a bit nervous til the day of the tour but Michael kept in touch and made us feel safe and assured that he was there every step of the way.
We took a bus from Damascus gate to Checkpoint 300 by ourselves. Crossing the border to Palestine was an easy walk through. No checks. No nothing. And Michael was there to meet us on the other side of the border.
The car was clean, spacious and comfortable and the whole tour was well planned. We had enough time to enjoy every place we went to and didn’t feel rushed. Michael was very informative and knew a lot about the historical and biblical significance of the different places we went to and also explained to us the history of the land and the current political situation and the daily struggles of life in Palestine. We felt safe in the West Bank and my nervousness was replaced with empathy for the people whose lives are highly restricted because of this conflict.
Overall, I highly recommend Michael Tours and we are looking forward to see him again if ever we go back to see more of the area. I will also recommend him to family and friends who are planning a trip to the Holy Land.
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch
Michael Jackaman –
Thank you, Myla for the such nice feedback and I am very happy to hear how much you enjoyed my tour. I hope to meet one day again. You are always welcome.