Duration: 4 hours (Approx.) | Offered in: English
After you meet with your guide start your Bethlehem half day tour in Manger Square where we will visit the Nativity Church that was built by Justinian in 530 AD entering the Byzantine basilica through the main entrance” The door of humility” and see the original floor of the first church of Constantine from 326 AD. We will take the steps to get down to the grotto, the spot where Jesus was born from Virgin Mary and then continue to Saint Catherine Church and visit Saint Jerome’s Caves to see the place where he translated the bible in the fifth century. The Nativity Church is listed as a UNESCO world heritage site.
Afterward, we will walk Milk Grotto street towards the Church of Milk Grotto where it is believed according to the tradition that while Virgin Mary was feeding baby Jesus a drop of milk fell on the ground and turned the stones all into white.
Visit Beit Sahour. This historic town, whose name means “Place of the Night Watch”, in reference to the Shepherds who keep watch over their flock by night, lies 1.6 km east of Bethlehem. In the past, the Canaanites inhabited its numerous caves, and today it is the home of many churches and convents. Churches now mark the sites of Shepherds Field, the Field of Ruth and the Well of the Lady.
Visit the Shepherd’s Field, located in the town of Beit Sahour 2 km east of Bethlehem, this is the site where the angel of the Lord is said to have appeared before shepherds bringing them good tidings of the birth of Jesus. Joined with a multitude of heavenly hosts, the angel sang ‘Glory to God in the Highest and on Earth, Peace among men.’
By the end of the tour, you will have an opportunity to stop by one of the old olive wood factories and shop to buy your souvenir from Bethlehem.
End of the tour.
✓ Private driver-guide
✓ Professional guide
✓ Private tour
✓ Pickup and drop off from Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint or from your hotel if you are staying in the city of Bethlehem
✗ Hotel pick up and drop off outside of Bethlehem
✗ Entrance fees
✗ Gratuities (optional)
Departure & Return
- If you are coming from Jerusalem, you will meet your guide at Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint (known also a Rachels’ Tomb Crossing). It’s about 30 minutes drive from Damascus Gate by bus.
- Your guide will meet you after you cross to Bethlehem side.
- If you are staying in Bethlehem then a hotel pick-up is available.
Flexible any time between 9 am and 2 pm (Leave a note on check out)
Returns to the original departure point.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel your tour within (10 days) prior to the date of the tour, the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- If you cancel your tour before (11 days or more) prior to the date of the tour, a full refund of the deposit will apply.
- If you cancel a requested multi-day tour at any time, the deposit amount will be non-refundable.
- If you cancel a requested customized tour that requires arranging/booking any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs incurred on your behalf such as booking a separate driver, car rentals, admissions, hotel reservations, tickets etc. in less than (10 days) prior to the date of the tour, the amount for any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs will be non-refundable in addition to the deposit amount.