Duration: 6-7 hours (Approx.) | Offered in: English
Begin our day walking in the Old City of Bethlehem and it’s quarters “Star Street“. Visit Bethlehem Icon Centre, located in Hosh Abu Jarour; one of the old quarters of Bethlehem were the locals of Bethlehem live. Visit a second Hosh called the Syriac Quarter. A stop by the old entrance of Bethlehem; it’s believed that Joseph and Mary passed from here on their way to Bethlehem.
Visit Al Badd Museum for Olive Oil Production, also called Badd Jackaman, The museum is situated in the Old City of Bethlehem and dates back as far as the 19th century. The Museum houses many ethnographic and archaeological artefacts featuring the entire process of oil production. The exhibit shows the many uses for oil, such as, lamps, medicine, food, soap and even cosmetics. “Opening hours: 08:00-14:30 Monday to Friday and Saturdays”
Afterwards, continue to Manger Square where we will stop to have coffee before entering the Nativity Church.
Visit the Nativity Church, built by Justinian in 530 AD entering the Byzantine basilica from the Door of Humility and see the first church of Constantine’s original floor from 326 AD. Take the steps down to the grotto, the spot where Jesus was born and visit the Church of Saint Catherine and the Caves of Saint Jerome to see the place where he translated the bible in the fifth century. The Nativity Church is listed as UNESCO world heritage site.
Optional Falafel lunch with Humus and typical Salad at Afteem Restaurant.
Walk Milk Grotto street to the Church of Milk Grotto. According to tradition, it’s believed that The Virgin Mary was feeding baby Jesus and a drop of milk fell on the ground and turned the stones white.
A short drive Beit Sahour. The historic town, whose name means “Place of the Night Watch”, in reference to the Shepherds who keep watch over their flock by night, lies 1km east of Bethlehem. In the past, the Canaanites inhabited its numerous caves, and today it is the home of many churches and convents. Churches now mark the sites of Shepherds Field, the Field of Ruth and the Well of the Lady.
Visit the Shepherd’s Field, located in the town of Beit Sahour 2 km east of Bethlehem. The angels of the Lord appeared before shepherds bringing them good tidings of the birth of Jesus. Joined with a multitude of heavenly hosts, the angel sang ‘Glory to God in the Highest and on Earth, Peace among men.’
By the end of the day, you will visit Banksy Graffiti’s and see the separation wall, visit Aida Camp and The Walled Off Hotel “Banksy Hotel”.
End of the day.
“But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.”
- Private driver guide
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Pickup and drop off from Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint or from your hotel if you are staying in the city of Bethlehem.
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick up and drop off outside of Bethlehem
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
- If you are coming from Jerusalem, you will meet your guide at Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint (known also a Rachels’ Tomb Crossing). It’s about 30 minutes drive from Damascus Gate by bus.
- Your guide will meet you after you cross to Bethlehem side.
- If you are staying in Bethlehem then a hotel pick-up is available.
Returns to the original departure point.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel your tour within (10 days) prior to the date of the tour, the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- If you cancel your tour before (11 days or more) prior to the date of the tour, a full refund of the deposit will apply.
- If you cancel a requested multi-day tour at any time, the deposit amount will be non-refundable.
- If you cancel a requested customized tour that requires arranging/booking any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs incurred on your behalf such as booking a separate driver, car rentals, admissions, hotel reservations, tickets etc. in less than (10 days) prior to the date of the tour, the amount for any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs will be non-refundable in addition to the deposit amount.