Duration: 4 hours (Approx.) | Offered in: English
Hiking Tour in the Suburb of Bethlehem
The tour will start from Bethlehem. You will meet by your local guide and take the public transportation to Battir Village (15 minutes drive – Transfer fee included). Battir is a beautiful small village with historic valleys containing a lot of human heritage going back even 4000 years. Nowadays the Palestinian inhabitants of the village are living in anxiety of losing their beloved land. The expansion of the wall and illegal settlements is endangering the place. The inhabitants are working hard on keeping their village and are organizing many unique projects. Battir won a UNESCO prize for its cultural landscape. Battir UNESCO world heritage sites.
During the visit to Battir, you will visit Battir Spring – a source of fresh drinking water and the Roman pool. Lean about the water system in the village and view of the historic railway line connecting Jerusalem to Jafa located below Battir village, the railway is on the Israeli side of the Green Line. Start our hike in Makhrour Valley which will take about 2 hours. On the way, you will see a different type of trees and plants as well as Byzantine/Roman age tombs carved into the rocks of Wadi Makhrour and an Ottoman oven for preparing the stone for building in Battir.
At the end of the hike, you will end up in a local restaurant where you can grab a local beer or fresh juice. After that, we will return back to the checkpoint or to your hotel in Bethlehem.
Transfer to the start of the hike and transfer back from Bethlehem at the end of the hike is the clients’ responsibility.
✓ Walking tour/hiking
✓ Private tour
✓ Pickup and drop off from Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint or from your hotel if you are staying in the city of Bethlehem
✓ Public transportation to Battir
✓ Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
✗ Hotel pick up and drop off outside of Bethlehem City
✗ Entrance fees (Where applicable)
✗ Gratuities (optional)
Departure & Return
- If you are coming from Jerusalem, you will meet your guide at Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint (known also a Rachels’ Tomb Crossing). It’s about 30 minutes drive from Damascus Gate by bus.
- Your guide will meet you after you cross to Bethlehem side.
- If you are staying in Bethlehem then a hotel pick-up is available.
Winter Season: 09:30am or 02:00pm
Summer Season: 08:30am or 05:00pm
Returns to the original departure point.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel your tour within (10 days) prior to the date of the tour, the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- If you cancel your tour before (11 days or more) prior to the date of the tour, a full refund of the deposit will apply.
- If you cancel a requested multi-day tour at any time, the deposit amount will be non-refundable.
- If you cancel a requested customized tour that requires arranging/booking any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs incurred on your behalf such as booking a separate driver, car rentals, admissions, hotel reservations, tickets etc. in less than (10 days) prior to the date of the tour, the amount for any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs will be non-refundable in addition to the deposit amount.