Payments, Cancellations and Refunds
Got questions? We’ve got answers.
Please contact us if you can’t find the information you’re looking for.
Are the tours private tours or I will be joining others?
All of our tours are private tours.
None of the published tours meet my needs. What are my options?
If you don’t see exactly what you are looking for, all you need is to ask us.
Do you offer multi-days tours?
Yes, we can offer multi-days tours. Contact us and let us know what sites you are interested in and on which dates.
What about travel insurance?
All travelers should have their own travel insurance.
Payments for Individuals
How much deposit is required to book a tour?
Each tour has a different price depending on the itinerary. However, to book the tour, a deposit amount is required to complete the booking and reserve your date. Please check each tour to know the required deposit amount.
Why a deposit is required to book a tour?
All of our tours are private tours. That means it’s only you on the tour and you will not be joining others. The moment you book a tour, we reserve the date for you and we commit to deliver the service. We want to make sure that you are also committed to show on the date of the tour that you booked.
When will I pay the outstanding amount and how?
Once you have booked your tour and paid the deposit. You are expected to pay the outstanding balance in cash to your guide on the day of the tour.
What currencies do you accept?
The required deposit is in USD. However, the rest of the amount, you can pay it in USD. You can also pay in local currency “Shekel” or in “Euro”. We will follow the conversion rate on the day of the tour.
Can I pay the outstanding amount with Credit Card?
Only the deposit can be paid with your credit card but the rest of the amount must be paid in cash on the day of the tour. We do not accept PayPal.
If you choose to pay the outstanding amount with your credit card, you are expected to cover the transaction fee of 2.9% of the outstanding amount.
Cancellation & Refund for Individuals
What is your cancellation policy?
Individuals up to 6 people
- If you cancel your one day tour 10 days or less prior to the date of the tour, the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- If you cancel your one day tour 11 days or more prior to the date of the tour, a full refund of the deposit will apply.
- If you cancel your multi-day tour 14 days or less prior to the date of the tour, the deposit amount will be non-refundable. However, if you cancel before 15 days or more, a full refund of the deposit will apply.
- If you cancel a requested customized tour that requires arranging/booking any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs incurred on your behalf such as booking a separate driver, car rentals, admissions, hotel reservations, tickets, etc. in 10 days or less prior to the date of the tour, the amount for any non-recoverable out-of-pocket costs will be non-refundable in addition to the deposit amount.
What if Michael Tours canceled my tour?
If we cancel your tour for any reason, we will issue a full refund back to you.
Pilgrimages & Groups Policy
Payments and terms
Deposit and Payment Schedule
- You need to pay a 30% non-refundable deposit when you book your tour.
- The deposit covers Michael Tours’ services, such as account management and administrative work.
- The full balance is due 90 days before the departure date.
- If you book your tour within 90 days of departure, the full balance is due immediately.
- You can pay by ACH, American Express, Discover, Visa, or MasterCard.
- The tour price is guaranteed once you pay the full balance.
- However, the price may change due to significant external factors.
- Michael Tours is not obligated to give a breakdown of the costs and services.
What’s Not Included
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Travel insurance
- Passport and visa fees
- Personal items (such as phone calls, minibar, laundry)
- Drinks and lunches (unless mentioned)
Passports, Visas and Documents
- You must have a valid passport for at least 6 months after your return date.
- It is your responsibility to obtain the necessary travel documents.
- Michael Tours is not responsible if you do not have the proper documents.
- If you cancel your tour due to a lack of documents, you will not be refunded.
- Your itinerary and final confirmations will be emailed to you approximately two weeks before departure.
- You are responsible for checking your itinerary for accuracy.
- If there are any errors, contact Michael Tours within 24 hours.
- Michael Tours reserves the right to refuse to accept or retain any traveler whose behavior is deemed likely to affect the smooth operations of the tour or adversely affect the enjoyment or safety of other passengers.
- Michael Tours is not liable for any refunds, compensation, repatriation, or other matters arising from such a refusal.
Cancellations & Refunds
Cancellations and Refunds
- Cancellations must be made in writing to the email address used to book the tour.
- Cancellations received 91 days or more before departure will incur a 30% cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received less than 91 days before departure will incur additional fees as follows:
- 61-90 days before departure: 25% cancellation fee
- 31-60 days before departure: 50% cancellation fee
- 30 days before departure or less: No refund
- Full refund if the tours is canceled by Michael Tours.
Additional Cancellation Charges May Apply
- Additional hotel nights, pre or post stays, and other extra services booked in connection with Michael Tours pilgrimages may be subject to specific cancellation charges.
- If a guest cancels or leaves a pilgrimage and a roommate remains, an additional supplement may apply.
- Michael Tours highly recommends that you purchase travel insurance.
- You can learn more about Travel Insured International Insurance by clicking on the link: https://www.travelinsured.com/